Joseph "Joe Dirt" Patelunas
- Born March 11, 1971
- Hometown Elmira Heights, N.Y.
- Dream Car 1986 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe (own it!)
- Favorite Movie Color of Money
What's your career highlights?
Joe started racing in 1997 at Tioga Speedway’s Friday Night Drags, where they’d race 300′ on the front straight. In 2001, the 1st year of Plumb Crazy Racing the team started bracket racing at New York International Raceway Park (Now Empire Dragway) and Joe and co-founder of the race team Ken Bacon finished 3rd and 4th for the year. Joe started racing at Skyview Drags in 2004 and had raced there and Empire since. Joe won the 2015 Skyview Drags Street Money class and has finished 2nd in the Summit Superseries 3 times. He’s also known to race anything without a second thought nor prior seat time! Plans to race a 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 we’re scrapped due to unforeseen problems. The 383 sbc with 200cc FLOTEK Performance Cylinder Heads will reside between the frame rails of his 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix…and will definitely be a force to be reckoned with!!!
19 Event wins, 34 runner up, 17 semi finals. 2015 Skyview Drags Street Money Campion, 2004 Skyview Drags Winner No Box Class 1/8th Mile Shootout
What's your biggest moment?
2015 Skyview Drags Street Money Champion
1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2
- Head: SBC 200 Street Build
- Cubic Inches: 355
- Cam: 539/.548
- RPM: 6,500
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Additional Upgrades: COMP CAM, Manton Pushrods, Edelbrock Rolling Thunder Cam, Voodoo, Lunatic cams, cranks!!! Scat Rotating Assembly, Edelbrock Rollin' Thunder Hydraulic Roller Cam, Lifter, and Pushrod kit, Performer RPM Airgap intake manifold, 1.5 Roller Rockers
Plumb Crazy Racing
- Home Track: Skyview Drags
- Racing Series: IHRA Summit SuperSeries, Northeast Open Comp, Skyview Drags Outlaw Class
John Hummel and Joe
Correct Torque Sequence – SBC 200 Street Build