In early 2017, Tri-State Cylinder Head and FLOTEK Performance Cylinder Head were positioned for greater capacity, expansion and production after 25 years of service to the cylinder head community. Lucas Recker and Kyle Sharrer, both Indiana natives, purchased Tri-State Cylinder Head and FLOTEK Performance Cylinder Head. Excellent candidates for the acquisition, Kyle attended Purdue University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, a M.B.A from Butler University and a Six-Sigma Black Belt. Kyle’s career has been in design, program management and operations management for an international jet engine manufacturer. Luke attended the Indiana Kelly School of Business with a degree in finance, and a M.B.A from butler University. Furthermore, Luke’s career has been in finance and strategy development for a national insurance provider. As President and Chief Executive Officer, Kyle Sharrer will lead the Tri-State Cylinder Head Remanufacturing while Luke Recker will Serve as Chief Financial Officer and National Director of FLOTEK Performance Heads. Founder, Ronald F. Schmitt, will remain a steadfast contributor and Chief of Engineering. In addition, Susan Schmitt will continue in her role as National Performance Sales at FLOTEK Performance Cylinder Head. With Luke and Kyle leading Tri-State Cylinder Head and FLOTEK Performance Heads, our collective goal will remain excellent customer service, an international leader for cylinder head remanufacturing and make FLOTEK Performance Heads a household name for high performance aluminum cylinder heads.
How It All Started
In 1991, Ron Schmitt started Tri-State Cylinder Head Incorporated in Evansville, Indiana. With over 22 years of experience, TSCH has become an industry leader in providing quality service nationally. Tri-State Cylinder Head has dedicated their work to re-manufacturing cylinder heads Domestic, Import, and Heavy Duty Diesel. In addition, high quality cast iron cylinder head welding and repairs for the production engine re-manufacturing industry. Our family-owned and operated business has served throughout the United States. We provide quality products and excellent customer service.
We also offer:
- Three State of the Art CNC Machining Centers for Custom Machining
- Heavy Duty Cylinder Repair
- Bridgeport Custom Maching
- Full Service Cylinder Head Machine Shop
- Cast Iron Cylinder Head Crack Repair (Furnace Welding)
- Remanufacturing including Resurfacing, Tube Installation, Pressure Testing and Guide and Seat Work
- FLOTEK High Performance Aluminum Racing Heads featuring Small Block Ford, Small Block Chevy, Big Block Chevrolet 320, and Big Block Chevrolet 360.
- Aluminum Crack Repair (Oven Tig Welding)
Facts about TSCH…
- Family owned for 23 years
- Employs over 25 dedicated associates
- Over 20,000 square feet facility
- Supply Casting Repairs to Leading Production Engine Remanufacturing Companies (Gas and Diesel)