- Born June 9, 1966
- Hometown Elberfeld, Indiana
- Dream Car 1969 Camaro Z28
- Favorite Movie American Sniper
What's your career highlights?
Started racing in approximately 1988 in my street car in “Street” class and then moved to the “E.T Heavy” class in about 1990 with a dedicated drag car…the car I still race today. I have raced mostly in NHRA Division 3 for the majority of years and have been a part of the yearly “Bracket Finals-Team” from 2001 through 2016. I won the Sportsnationals at Beech Bend in 2001 in which I was awarded my first NHRA “Wally” and won 2 more of these in 2006 and in 2008. One from Windy Hollow Dragway and the other from Chandler Motorsports Park. I finished 3rd place overall in Pro category in 2011 and 2012 with really close series points racing and finally sealed the deal in 2013 with an overall Pro Championship. I raced at 3 of the “Pinks All-Out” races in Montgomery, Alabama, St. Louis, Missouri and Memphis, Tennessee but never made it into the “show”.
Started racing at age 18 on the streets and then moved onto an actual track. Moved up to Street then Heavy then Pro classes. Tried my hand at some of the southern style “Footbrake” classes in the 1964 Chevelle in 2016-2017.
Started Racing NHRA Division 3 events in early 2000.
What's your biggest moment?
In 2013 winning 1st place in points in PRO category at Chandler Motorsports Park.
In addition to 1978 Chevy Camaro, Troy also races a 1964 Chevelle and 2001 Undercover Dragster.
1978 Chevy Camaro
- Head: 220 CNC
- Cubic Inches: 421
- Cam: Bullet
- RPM: 7000
- Compression Ratio: 13.5 to 1
- Additional Upgrades: 421 cu in, Bullet Racing Cam, Comp Cams belt drive, MSD crank trigger, Callies Crank and Rods, 850 Ken Jones Alcohol Carb, BTE 5500 stall converter and Firecracker Performance power-glide transmission.
- Team Members: Kendall Schmitt
- Home Track: Currently not planted
- Racing Series: NHRA, IHRA, Summit Series, and general bracket racing series at a number of outlaw tracks.